Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ren & Stimpy series 1 review

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hit the Wizard World show in Chicago this weekend, and had a fantastic time. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones, and I ended up doing more shopping for myself than I usual. I hope to have an article up on the show later this week...but I'm so behind around the house that my wife may kill me first.

    One of the things that I got this weekend is the first series of Ren and Stimpy, including Ren and Stimpy of course, as well as Mr. Horse and the Shaven Yak! Yep, that's right, Palisades air freighted in some sets just for the show, and I grabbed a set as soon as I saw them. Then I spent most of today shooting and writing - remember that whole 'wife is going to kill me' thing? This is a huge review, with a couple dozen photos and close to 3000 words. Want the one word version? Fantasmagastic.

    Check it out at the usual:

    http://www.mwctoys.com

    And don't forget to enter the August contest!

    Michael
    MWC

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW. What a fantastic review. Excellent pictures, and excellent descriptions, MWC. I am SO looking forward to this set! I was thinking of waiting to buy only the varients from the Palisades CC, but you have me so anticipating this set, I may just Pre-order a set now!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do it! Clark Toys has a great price at $50 for the set of four, best I've seen on-line, but I don't know what shipping is like...

    Michael
    MWC

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that's a huge Yak!! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    glad ya slipped Bats in there for a size ref.

    dunno if I'll get these, though.
    I like the show well enough, but they aren't high-priority for me.

    well, Mr Horse might be... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GAAAAHHHHH......

    How do I buy one... or two.... without going nuts and buying ALL OF THEM?!!?!?!

    I want an open-mouth ren with rotten, falling out teeth!!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I want Ren and Stimpy in Monkey Costumes with a TREE!!!!

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It's Looog looog... it big it's heavy it's wood!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My big worry right now is that if series 1 doesn't do well, we may never see anything beyond it. I really want to get a PTM, and space versions of Ren and Stimpy!

    Michael
    MWC

  7. #7
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooohhh.... Commander Hoek and Cadet Stimpy....

    They must come as a playset with the SHINY, RED, CANDY-LIKE BUTTON!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Series 2 is already in the works isn't it? I thought nothing was confirmed beyond that.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fantasmagastic !
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Faaaar Out!
    Been waiting on these [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nope, series 2 is not a done deal - they've stated they are in a holding pattern til they see how series 1 does. Both PTM and Sven have been discussed for series 2, and they even showed pictures recently of the Sven prototype, but it's all up in the air still.

    Michael
    MWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •